back to work
I am actually beginning my phased return in January but I will conduct a small informal service later this week as a trial run. In this I hope to express my most heartfelt dreams for my renewed ministry.
These have prayer and particularly Eucharistic prayer at the very centre.
In trying to decide what I will say after more than a year of enforced silence I have been beset by the preacher’s abiding temptation to try to say EVERYTHING. This has only got worse as I have reflected on my chosen text, the first ten verses of Mark.
Anyway here are my main thoughts
- I am personally very grateful to God and to other people, I do not think it matters if a person who has my gratitude has no feeling of God’s presence
- Christians shouldn’t act as though we have better access to virtue than others
- what the Church does is Really Important
- this Importance doesn’t depend on impact
- traditions matter
- traditions don’t help us
- we are called to be like Christ
There will be more but Nick got too
Love from Kev. Good to have you back!
Sent from my iPhone